Friday, August 21, 2009

kandhasamy-super flop

Most of the times, you appreciate a movie if you find the creator being honest with what he tries to say. This is true for movies created all over the world. Remarkable directors are those who put forth honest films and succeed in doing so. In the Indian scenario majority of the films are made for money and money alone I dare to say. Very seldom is a film made with social relevance. And what we expect is at least such films need to be honest in its conception. Initially I thought of writing a sarcastic post on my opinion about the movie I saw rather restlessly ‘kanthasamy’. However, I felt it would not be a true reflection of what I felt.

I write this paragraph assuming susi ganesan set out to make a so called ‘masala movie’:

Even in the most poorly directed movies you find some coherence but in this movie you find none. Worsening the director’s case is the fact that the movie took two years to be made. In short, the screenplay is one of the worst I have found from any movie. Shriya’s paycheck could go to any women on earth having ‘curves’. Guess what the movie tries to tell-If you have enough money adopt children. Somehow, I did not find shriya detestable in ‘shivaji’ when she was flaunting her body. And the dialogues are such a turn off that you have no other option than to swear. Swear words are much pleasant I can tell you. I am beginning to think, this post is going the sarcastic way, and I cannot help. One of the most amateurish placed parts was a song, which did nothing but showed every other place in Mexico. There is a scene where shriya(freeyaa) and vickram(sickram) go to some desert in a private jet to drink coffee. And just for the heck of it, sickram comes as a woman. I was expecting a song involving woman sickram and freeyaa. The movie is filled with such excruciating endeavors. I do not want to write anything more about this film. All this movie has done is it has killed two years of a brilliant actor’s career.

No comments: