Saturday, November 1, 2008

the week that was not



This year the monsoon gave no warnings as if the corporation would react to one.indian space research organization launched chandrayaan 1 into orbit but there is no way the water logging in our area be solved.for 10 years now the street in which i reside gets disconnected and transforms itself to an island when the monsoon sets in.

monday:
i started a bit late for college and 10 minutes was all the clouds could resist.the rainfall was so dense that i could not see any vehicles before me.i somehow thought i can continue and kept biking.i was wet to say the least.thats it for the day

tuesday:
i woke up to images above.i had studied for todays assessments.the thought of escaping an assessment is the most invigorating thing and many would admit.strangely on these days you want to find the college/school not workin for youself,so i decided to start.but the sheer water logging put me off.later it was confirmed that the college is not working

wednesday:
my friend and i reached college just at the right time.we gathered before the geology department of our college under cover and just opposite to this was our department and our class rooms in which we were supposed to write our assessments.rains started and for an hour no one dared crossing over.we left college after fireworks,a transformer i think burst.i reached my home?
my home was inundated.2 inch water inside our living room.toilets cannot be used.and for all the recenr power crisis and tabled power cut we were lighted till the very last moment when we decided to leave the islands.in my grandmas home i got some sleep and i was sure we will not be having college tomo but still i prepared for the test and how.i didnt have books for that so i had to sail to my friends home to get the book,sail back to get a xerox and return it back to him.during this endeavour i found even some of the driest places was water logging.we were not alone.and after getting the notes i studied a bit.i think around 10 at night it was declared a holiday.

thursday:
we came back home after washing away the rooms.normally when it was supposed to be a holiday for rains it never does rain.the day was bright.

friday:
after much of negotiations they say we had the scheduled assessments.and i left college.on my way i picked up one of my friends and i decided to go to his house.we were seeing videos in his home for few hours.good videos.good stuff.for the weather it was good.my mom called me and siaid it had started raining again.i went outside and was shocked the streets were full of water after just 10 minutes of downpour.i thought if i wait for the rain to stop it would be curtains for my bike engine and so i left my friends home.i glided past the kodambakkam railway road beach and reached my home.my mom had a fever.i was pissed of by these rains and deciced to watch a movie on my pc.fargo.i got this from my friend after watchin no country for old men.thought it was damn good.and fargo didnt dissappoint me.the murders happening were chilling but suddenly i felt too chill.it was water creeping under my legs which i rested on the floor.it has happened again.living rooms visited by water.we left our homes for the second time and reached my grandmas home.it was a adventurous journey.the guy demanded 50 bugs to drop us few hundred metres further after we reached the road end.such was the plight of our locality.


i will return with the weekend stories in a bit.

1 comment:

Sudarshan said...

HAHAHA. Good post there. Update your blog da.